The Most Comprehensive (Free) Bartenders Guide on the Web, Period.
Are you as passionate about bartending as I am? Do you view types of liquor as reverently as fragrant spices in a chef's pantry? Do you wish there was an actual degree for Mixology? Then welcome home, to
The Most Comprehensive Bartenders Guide on the Web, Period.
Within this site, you will find introductory information on:
Types of Liquor
Principles of Mixology
Wine Tasting & Pairing for Beginners
Deciphering Foreign Labels
And Much, Much More...
Trying to figure out stemware? How about the least you need to know to read a French wine label? What's the difference between Scotch Whisky and Irish Whiskey? From Cognac to corkage, from layered shots to jello shots, it's all here.
If you're an amateur, this site is for you. If you're a seasoned pro, I hope you'll find value and a little humor here, too. Sure, you could scour the web and find this information elsewhere, but I've put it all in one place for you.
It is my hope that you will fall in love with bartending, as I did. While this site can never replace timeless and trusted references, if I can provide you with basic information and save you a couple bucks at the bookstore, I'll consider it a job well-done and you can buy me a drink in return, someday.
This is a labor of love for the profession that has shaped my life, paid my bills and made me countless lifelong friends.
Anyone who tells you what you like to drink is bad, is a snob. Unless you're serving guests, you should always drink for your own enjoyment and no one else's.
That being said, I may occasionally tell you that what you like to drink is bad. I've been doing this a long time and I'm fairly opinionated.
While I am a Bar Jedi, I am not the Burning Bush. I give suggestions, not commandments. If Richard's Wild Irish Rose is your idea of a good time, then you drink yours and I'll drink mine. I'll still be happy to raise a glass with you. - Frost
- Barticulate Blog
- Provides the newest updates on the Barticulate site.
- Bar-ticulate.com: Mixology
- Bartenders guide to the principles of Mixology & Cocktail Making
- Types of Liquor
- Bartenders Guide to Types of Liquor for amateurs and professionals.
- Bar-ticulate.com: Vodka
- Bartenders guide to the origins and types of Vodka
- Bar-ticulate.com: Gin
- Bartenders guide to the origins and types of Gin
- Bar-ticulate.com: Rum
- Bartenders guide to the origins and types of Rum
- Bar-ticulate.com: Tequila
- Bartenders guide to the origins and types of Tequila
- Bar-ticulate.com: Introduction to Whiskey
- Bartenders guide to the origins and types of Whiskey
- Bar-ticulate.com: Bourbon
- Bartenders guide to the origins and types of Bourbon
- Bar-ticulate.com: Scotch
- Bartenders guide to the origins and types of Scotch
- Bar-ticulate.com: Irish Whiskey
- Bartenders guide to the origins and types of Irish Whiskey
- Bar-ticulate.com: Japanese Whisky
- Bartenders guide to the origins and types of Japanese Whisky
- Bar-ticulate.com: Rye Whiskey
- Bartenders guide to the origins and types of Rye Whiskey
- Bar-ticulate.com: Liqueurs
- Bartenders guide to Liqueurs & Cordials
- Bar-ticulate.com: Cognac & Brandy
- Bartenders guide to Beginning Cognac & Brandy
- Bar-ticulate.com: Beer
- Bartenders guide to the origins and types of Beer
- Bar-ticulate.com: Beer Style Chart
- Bartenders Quick-Reference Chart to Beer Styles
- Bar-ticulate.com: Introduction to Wine
- Bartenders guide to Beginning Wine
- Bar-ticulate.com: Winemaking
- Bartenders guide to understanding Winemaking
- Barticulate.com: Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Bartenders Guide to Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Bar-ticulate.com: German Wine Labels
- Bartenders Guide to deciphering German Wine Labels
- Bar-ticulate.com: French Wine Labels
- Bartenders Guide to Deciphering French Wine Labels
- Bar-ticulate.com: Essential Wine Terms
- Bartenders guide to Essential Wine Terms
- Bar-ticulate.com: Wine Service
- Bartenders Guide to Wine Service & Etiquette
- Contribute To Barticulate
- Submit your story here to the Barticulate site for everyone to see.